Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Forgotten Problems

I wonder if there's any way for marketers to exploit (I hate that word) those little, almost inconsequential annoyances associated with a product or service.

For example, I just toasted a bagel. According to the bag, it's been pre-sliced.
Unfortunately, the slice only goes about 2/3 through, so I had to cut the rest myself. No big deal, but enough for me to be a little annoyed.

But, by the time I go bagel shopping again, I'll probably have forgotten all about that little problem.

It's too bad, since I'll just end up being annoyed again next time. If a bagel maker were to somehow remind me of the fact and encourage me to try their brand ("Our bagels are properly sliced!") I might become a customer. But, it's such a minor issue that I can't imagine there's any practical way to make this statement. It's hardly worth the effort of printing it on the bag.

No comments: