Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Tub Story - Part 2

Here's the response from the retailer, Home Depot.

Unfortunately, I don't have a transcript of the exact conversation. But, essentially they said:

"We're sorry. You're right; this shouldn't have taken anywhere near as long as it did, and the problems you encountered were far from normal. We've removed the entire purchase from your account balance. "

This reply came about a week after we dropped the letter to them in the mail.

Obviously, I'm very happy with this conclusion. They're willingness to make things right almost makes up for their contributions to the original problems. In my mind, they're not the bad guys, and I'm happy to continue shopping with them. I'm confident that any potential future problems would be dealt with fairly (although not necessarily promptly).

Coming next: the transcript of the phone message I received from MAAX, the manufacturer.

No comments: